Last year, more than 2,300 people identified priorities, assets, and opportunities in Aurora during the first phase of public outreach for Aurora Places—a plan for the city’s future. Public workshops, surveys, focus groups, and online outreach provided a way for residents to pinpoint important issues facing the city.
Now it’s time for you to share your vision for Aurora’s future and your ideas for how to make it happen.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Maybe your neighborhood is just ho hum. How can it be a more enjoyable place for people to live?
- We’re a big city and continuing to grow. How should the city manage water and other critical resources?
- Staying healthy is essential for all of us. How can your neighborhood support a more active lifestyle and better physical and mental health?
- Everyone wants great places and jobs where they live. Where do you want to work and play?
- This is about how we want today’s city to look and function tomorrow. What do you think should be done to make Aurora a more vibrant and successful community? And most importantly, what would make you stay here for the long haul?
Visioning is a group effort—sharing, debating and putting your mark on a map—so we need you there to collaborate with your neighbors and be part of the process. Make plans to attend one of the following workshops, and bring a friend if you can.
The following workshops will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a light dinner, followed by the visioning session from 6 to 8 p.m. Children are welcome, and activities will be provided.
To ensure that we have enough food, please RSVP by calling 303.739.7271 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORTH: April 26, The Hangar at Stanley Marketplace, 2501 Dallas St.
- CENTRAL: April 26, Overland High School, 12400 E. Jewell Ave.
- SOUTH: April 26, Heritage Eagle Bend Clubhouse, 23155 E. Heritage Parkway
- EAST: May 2, Vista Peak Preparatory School, 24500 E. Sixth Ave.
An additional workshop is scheduled May 3 at the Aurora Central Library, 14949 E. Alameda Parkway, with a light lunch at 11:30 a.m. followed by the visioning session from noon to 1:30 p.m. An RSVP also is requested for these workshops by calling 303.739.7271 or emailing email@example.com.