The Visioning Workshop provides residents with an opportunity to communicate their vision for the future of Aurora. At the workshop, residents will participate in a hands-on exercise putting pen to paper and drawing what they think the City should look like in the next 10 to 20 years. Feedback from the workshop will have a direct impact on the recommendations, strategies, and policies included in the Aurora Places plan. Visioning is a group effort—sharing, debating and putting your mark on a map—so we need you there to collaborate with your neighbors and be part of the process. Make plans to attend one of the following workshops, and bring a friend if you can.
Five workshops will be held in various areas of the community to give residents easy access to get involved. This will also allow individual workshops to be tailored to the area of the community in which they are held. Workshops will begin at 5:30 p.m. with a light dinner, followed by the visioning session from 6 to 8 p.m. Children are welcome, and activities will be provided.
To ensure that we have enough food, please RSVP by calling 303.739.7271 or emailing email@example.com.
- NORTH: April 26, The Hangar at Stanley Marketplace, 2501 Dallas St.
- CENTRAL: April 26, Overland High School, 12400 E. Jewell Ave.
- SOUTH: April 26, Heritage Eagle Bend Clubhouse, 23155 E. Heritage Parkway
- EAST: May 2, Vista Peak Preparatory School, 24500 E. Sixth Ave.
An additional workshop is scheduled May 3 at the Aurora Central Library, 14949 E. Alameda Parkway, with a light lunch at 11:30 a.m. followed by the visioning session from noon to 1:30 p.m.
Completed Workshops & Events
The following workshops and events have been conducted as part of the Aurora Place Plan process.
- Three Community Workshops:
- Tuesday, September 20, North Middle School
- Thursday, September 22, Aurora Association of Realtors
- Thursday, September 22, Cherokee Trail High School
- Two Business Workshops
- Wednesday, September 21, Aurora Central Library
- Thursday, September 22, Aurora Central Library
- Global Fest “City Corner” Booth
- Saturday, August 20, Aurora Municipal Center Lawn
- Gardens on Havana Concert and Ice Cream Social
- Tuesday, August 23, The Rose Garden at The Gardens on Havana
- The Big Wonderful Blues and Brews Festival
- Saturday, September 3, Stanley Marketplace
- Punkin Chunkin Colorado
- Saturday & Sunday, October 8-9, Arapahoe Park Racetrack
- Heather Gardens Workshop
- Tuesday, October 18, Heather Gardens
- Neighbor-to-Neighbor Roundtable
- Tuesday, October 18, Aurora Central Library